Friday, September 15, 2017

Flow Friday

Welcome to Flow Friday! Poetry lovers, kick back and enjoy the read!
 
---------------------------------------------------------

"Just You" by Brown Skin


I am really trying hard to work but you continually invade my thoughts
So instead of allowing you to poke me with memories, this war I've fought
And lost
So now that you have my attention
What is your intention
To continue to punish and torment me
Because I am unable to be
To you all that you want and deserve
Although that's true and I'm not yours
I'm still in love with you
I breathe your name and wonder
What kind of spell is it you have me under?
My heart leaps and my soul sings and
Songs that I've never heard
Push their way through my lips
As you wind your way up and then dip
Down into the very essence of me
You're embedded in my life, you see?
So now that you've conquered and won this contest
Tell me am I ever going to be able to rest
In the peace that true love brings
Or is this just another carnal sex thang
Between us
I know there is something between us
But I love that there is an us
A just you and me

---------------------------------------------------------
 
Every Friday, I will showcase one or two other poet's work. If this is something that you are interested in participating in, please click on this link and fill out the form. Poems will be posted in no particular order so be sure to keep an eye out for yours!😉

No comments:

Post a Comment