Friday, August 18, 2017

Flow Friday

Welcome to Flow Friday! Poetry lovers, kick back and enjoy the read!

---------------------------------------------------------
 

I have secrets.
Lots of them.
I'd liked to have told you one.
I'd like to have told you my idea of the perfect day.
I'd like to have told you how I hated the snow.
I'd like to have said how I never understood the night sky
And I'd like to have told you of your presence paradigm.

I wish I could show you how your skin felt on mine.
I wish I could show you my beloved taste for red wine.
I wish I could show you how I think it's a crime
That you simply cannot see when you're pure you're divine.

I regret that you can't feel my souls intertwined.
Between what it is that I have and what I'm hoping to find.
I regret that you can't feel my words spoke so kind.
And that my voice to your ears doesn't taste as sublime.

If only I could remind you of this life's hidden signs.
To ignore all the mishaps and the burden of time.
If only I could remind you of blue streams as they wind.
Through mountains and plains together we bind.

I wonder if I told you of the secrets I hide.
Would your thoughts stay the same or become redesigned
I wonder if you saw in my eyes unrefined
That for your whole, I'd give anything
Even my mind.
 
---------------------------------------------------------
 
Every Friday, I will showcase one or two other poet's work. If this is something that you are interested in participating in, please click on this link and fill out the form. Poems will be posted in no particular order so be sure to keep an eye out for yours!😉
 

No comments:

Post a Comment