Thursday, August 31, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 8/31

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Tisha Andrews!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tisha Andrews

How long have you been published? Since April 1, 2016

What's the worst part about being published?
I would not say the worst, but there are opportunities where you do not control the process. For example, the publisher chooses the editor and may also choose the graphic designer who is on contract. They may also determine release dates depending on how authors are signed to the same company. As such, your release date may be selected based on the order of when your manuscript was submitted for editing although you do not know who necessarily submitted theirs before you.

What's the best part about being published?
Having a literary family, a safe place to vent, and most importantly, a larger platform that hopefully allows for you to gain more readers. At the end of the day, however, nothing beat great writing so you still need to earn your readers. Readers may 1-click but you may not gain a fan if you have not won them over with your storyline.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I am presently signed with Royalty Publishing House

*What are the highs, if any?
The highs are being a part of a team that believes in putting out quality products and encouraging us along the way. Like we can ask for help with cover ideas, synopses, story lines, titles, etc. We can also just come in and ask for prayer if we are going through something and authors jump in and send you an encouraging word.

*What are the lows, if any? I think the lows are you got to keep writing and dropping releases because even if no one says it, if your pen mate is doing well, you want to do well also. Sometimes you lose sight of your own race watching your pen mate's race whose lifestyle may be totally different from yours. For example, maybe they write full time and have no children while another may be married with kids and working a full time job. As such, your production looks different. So the low is remembering that you cannot run other people's race or let that distract you. You got to hone your own craft so whenever you do, you put out a great storyline.

What is the name of your book(s)?
Real Love is Not For Sale 1-3 (published under King Publishing Group), The One That Got Away: A Miami Love Affair 1-3 (Royalty) and my latest release that just dropped as a spin off from The One That Got Away series, His Sky, Her Shyne: A New York Takeover

Was it/were they an easy write for you?
The last book was not but for a myriad of reasons. One, I was going through some personal challenges in my life and it took me five months to drop. That was the longest time in between releases since I first became published. Then I wasn't sure how much I needed to recap because it was a spin off. So I found myself making sure I answered questions or gave information instead of assuming others read the prior series.

What's the hardest part about writing a book?
Since it was a spin off, remembering ages of the children. Oh my God, all of my couples have children and this storyline takes place two years later. Then descriptions supporting characters who are now main characters in the spin off. No, I do not write outlines but if I ever decide to write another one, I will definitely consider the value of an outline that captures details such as what I struggled with as it relates to dates, ages, character descriptions.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Capturing the raw emotions of all the characters. I am a hopeless romantic so I pour my emotions into my characters be it through anger, passion or wit.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)?
All of my books are available on Amazon. My first series, however, is only in paperback as it will be re-released later on this year as an independent project.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I am presently working on part two of His Sky, Her Shyne: A New York Takeover and another storyline that deals with the Muslim faith. Sort of a storyline of how faith impacts relationship with a spin of hood on it. I am choosing my words carefully as to not give away my storyline.

*Is there a tentative release date? I am aiming for next month for my part 2. No tentative release date for the other project I mentioned.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram 

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment