Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 8/15

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Misty Holt!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Misty Holt

How long have you been published? My first book released November 10, 2016

What's the worst part about being published? I have found I've had to somewhat censor myself. I can be a little brash and I don't want to chase away my fan base.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I'm signed to Lock Down Publications.

*What are the highs, if any? I don't have to worry so much about the cost of everything. I also had a built-in fan base. My publisher was well known and his fans became mine. The mentorship (yes, I made that word up) being able to text call email about things I'm struggling with is a major plus.

*What are the lows, if any? DEADLINES. I hate having a certain amount of time set between each book. Also, because my Publisher has a contract with a book cover designer, I didn't get the designer or cover I really wanted.

What is the name of your book(s)? As of today, I only have two. I Ride For My Hitta and I Still Ride For My Hitta. By the time this airs, I hope to have at least 8.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part of writing to me is trying to keep a balance of what my characters want, what my publisher wants and what my readers want.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest part for me is knowing my characters tell their own story. I'm only writing it for them.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books can be purchased through me, Amazon, or the LDP website. My publisher and his COO are also able to mail physical copies

Do you have any future projects in the works? I'm currently working on my first 'love' story. I also am working on a book revolving around drug use and one revolving around child molestation.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Yes, you can find me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.


---------------------------------------------------------

Join me Thursday as I bring you author Keisha A. Turner!  


No comments:

Post a Comment