Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 8/1

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Arebia and Tamara Ellis!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Arebia also known as Author Caramel Brown

How long have you been published? A little under a year.

What's the worst part about being published? I don't think there is a worst part of being published. I guess most people would say criticism, but that doesn't bother me.

What's the best part about being published? Being able to share my work with the world. It's always been a dream of mine to become a publisher author or a screenwriter.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I started out signed to a publisher but things changed so I decided to self publish.

 
*What are the highs, if any? When I was signed to a publisher I had a lot of support. My book was in the top 100 for a few months. 

 
*What are the lows, if any? Being self published I notice that I don't have the same support system that I had before. It seems like all the people who were backing me before just disappeared.

What is the name of your book(s)? Books under Caramel Brown: Her Husband (sex, lies, and betrayal) and Her Husband 2 (Unbreak My Heart). 


Books under Arebia: Baby Are You Still Down and Those Who Trespass Against Me
 
Was it/were they an easy write for you? Not all of them, as a matter of fact, none of them were easy. It took at least 6 months before I finished Her Husband. Her Husband 2 came a little easier, but Baby Are You Still Down, took me on an emotional roller coaster. It shared way too many similarities to my life and sometimes I wondered why I even chose to write it! I shed a lot of tears while writing that book and my attitude was on 1000 most days! My fourth book was harder to write for a different reason. I wrote it in 1st person, so I had to become that character. He and I shared some similarities but I would never take things to the level he did. I had to check myself a lot while writing Those Who Trespass Against Me.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? I think it's shutting out the rest of the world and becoming someone that you're not.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? I don't think there is anything easy about writing a book, but coming up with a plot seems to be the easiest part for me.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? All of my books are available on Amazon and are free with KU.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I am working on something new, it's called "Pressure." It's different than the rest of my books, but I want to evolve as an author.

 
*Is there a tentative release date? I'm thinking of releasing it on my author anniversary September 27, 2017.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? You can find me on Instagram and Facebook. I also have a reader's group where I drop sneak peeks and just chat with readers!


---------------------------------------------------------
 

Name: Tamara Ellis
 
How long have you been published? I have been published since June 16th of this year.
 
What's the worst part about being published? The worst part I would have to say is the fact that your work is under scrutiny and that can be overwhelming sometimes. 
 
What's the best part about being published? The best part to me is seeing the work that I’ve loved and cherished being put out there for people to read and enjoy.
 
Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? Self Published
 
*What are the highs, if any? Having complete control over all the decisions that are made about your book.
 
*What are the lows, if any? Wearing so many hats.
 
What is the name of your book(s)? My one and only novel so far is titled "Love Gone Broke".
 
Was it/were they an easy write for you? It was to a certain extent I mean I knew the characters but it took a long time to get the motivation to finish.
 
What's the hardest part about writing a book? Making time when you have a full time job and other responsibilities. 
  What's the easiest part about writing a book? Getting lost in your characters or world you have created.
 
Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and The Book Depository.
 
Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes
 
*Is there a tentative release date? No not yet
 
Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Yes. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and My Website.
 
---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you authors A.J. Write and Debra Gaskill!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment