Thursday, May 25, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 5/25

 In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors L.D. Carroll and Anna Brentwood!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: L.D. Carroll 

Tentative date for first publication? As soon as I get signed by an agent, hopefully! 

Will you self-publish or go through a traditional publisher? I am going to try the traditional route first. 

*Why? Was making that decision a difficult one for you to make? For now, it’s all about the marketing – marketing is expensive and very time-consuming. But I will consider self-publishing too. 

What is the name of your book(s)? “The Door to Anloriath” 

Was it/were they an easy write for you? The first draft was easy, but it was a bit all over the place (!) 

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Revising and trying to figure out what to keep and what to throw out. I threw out six chapters and added two, plus a parallel plotline. The current book I’m writing is harder for me, it’s in the first person from the viewpoint of two different people. It didn’t seem to work in the third person. Also, the first book was a YA fantasy and this is a YA Sci-Fi novel (I’m not that familiar with Sci-Fi writing).

What's the easiest part about writing a book? It’s easy for me to come up with fantastic things because I have a vivid imagination, ha ha. If I get stuck, I just think, “What is the craziest thing that can happen?” and then I write that down. 

Where will future readers be able to purchase their copy of your book(s)? I can’t say yet, as I need to get an agent first. But I’ve had a few TV writers, a script reader plus a producer say that my work is very good and that I write like Ernest Hemingway (only in a more positive, upbeat way!). 

Do you have any other projects in the works? Yes, a YA Sci-Fi novel – the protagonist is a girl and she’s pretty funny. It takes place on two different worlds, it’s a bit film noir with some romance. 

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Facebook

 ---------------------------------------------------------


Name: Anna Brentwood

How long have you been published? Since 2013

What's the worst part about being published? The need to continually market yourself & the pressure to produce more books faster.

What's the best part about being published? Having people read your books and like them. The writing, reading community.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? Self but also through an author cooperative. 

*What are the highs, if any? Control over your work, more money in your pocket, knowledge. 

*What are the lows, if any? Must learn the ropes and be active in many areas aside from writing.

What is the name of your book(s)? Sapphire Songbird Series; The Songbird With Sapphire Eyes, Mermaid’s Treasure. Windtree Press Anthology, The Gift of Christmas.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Would never say easy though my second book Mermaid’s Treasure was created and produced in 6 months.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The discipline to commit to the daily, weekly time it takes to finish it through all its many stages.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Again, I’d never say easy, each aspect of the process takes work but launching a finished book is a great pare of the process.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books are available in print and digital on almost any on-line venue; Amazon, D2D, Barnes and Noble, etc. Also, carried in many local shops and indie bookstores.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes, I am diligently working on the sequel to the other two books, entitled Anthony’s Angel.

*Is there a tentative release date? Summer 2017.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Sure. Would love likes to my page and/or to connect on Facebook or Twitter.

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment