Thursday, April 27, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 4/27

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Keshia Keith!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Keshia D. Keith

How long have you been published? I’ve been published since November 8, 2016.

What's the worst part about being published? I can’t think of a worst part about being published. I will say that it takes money to publish a book. How much of a cost it is will be up to you, based on who and how you choose to publish your book.

What's the best part about being published? The best part about being published is seeing my work on my website and other sites such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etcetera. It is available in bound print and electronically.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I’m self-published, but the publishing company, Westbow Press, provides self-publishing as an option when choosing to work with them.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are being able to speak with others about my experiences being described in my new book. I’ve been able to meet quite a few people who have also experienced postpartum depression or some form of depression.

*What are the lows, if any? I can’t say there are any lows. When you write and put out a product, its important to enjoy the process and be thankful that you’ve been blessed to be able to make such a huge accomplishment. Sharing your story is important.

What is the name of your book(s)? The name of my book is, The Classroom Of My Life.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? This book was something I put off for quite a few years. I wrote an outline for the book four years before I actually gave true dedicated time to writing the book. Once I started, the book was an easy write for me.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part of writing a book is eliminating the doubt about what other people may or may not view as a great book to read. I had to block out the idea that I would be viewed differently once my book was out there. It is also sometimes difficult to determine how much to share. My book talks about my experience with postpartum depression, so I had to deal with feelings associated with that time in my life, before I was able to share this story one of hope and honesty.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest part about writing a book is almost similar to the hardest part. Once the fear and doubt are eliminated, it is easy to share something I feel will help others come out from hiding their experiences. Some one needs to know they are not alone. I feel I was able to do that with my book, so that has made the process an easy one.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Interested readers can purchase my book at the following: www.keshiadkeith.com, West Bow Press, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, and iBooks on iPad & iPhone

Do you have any future projects in the works? I don’t have a project in the works right now, but I am going to write more books in the future.

*Is there a tentative release date? There is no release date at this time.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? You can follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment