Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 2/21

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Virginia Alison and Donald Sawyer III!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Virginia Alison

How long have you been published? I published my first book in December 2012

What's the worst part about being published? The feeling of guilt if I do not write as I am frequently asked when the next book will be released.

What's the best part about being published? The best part is a sense of achievement and leaving a mark on the world, whether for better or worse.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? *What are the highs, if any? *What are the lows, if any? I am self-published. The high is a sense of achievement. I am my own worst critic and I edit a book thirteen times before unleashing it on the world, which is an odd number however, uploading it and finding no spelling or grammatical errors is very rewarding. In addition, I have total control over the book; it is mine after all. As for lows, it takes some time as I do all my own artwork too therefore, I leave a month/six weeks to edit and publish.

What is the name of your book(s)? I have six books out in the Heaven Scent Series; Heaven Scent, Heaven Re-Scent, Heaven Scented, Scent from Heaven, Re-Scent from Heaven, Scented Heaven and have also published the first three in one book – The Heaven Scent Trilogy. Three more in addition to these are on the shelves - The Tomes of Bathoria and two books co-written with my writing partner – The Breathless Nights Anthology and Ariana’s Fall from Grace.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? For the most part, yes. The first book was accidental and the series was unplanned. I wrote a short story based on the poem ‘On finding someone’ by Joel Nelson, which I published on my web site and a few weeks later an editor approached me and suggested I made it into a book. Three months later the first book appeared, at which point I could not stop.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Editing. I find writing easy. When editing, I look at passages and wonder just what I was drinking when I wrote them. That is probably why it takes so long to get it right.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The beginning, middle and end are the easiest. I always have a storyboard and know where I am going. If I am in the mood, it just flows if I am not, I leave it until I am…

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Books are available on Amazon, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, Apple and in most of the usual places. My first book is available for free from a link on my web site.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? Yes, there are three books in the works right now; the first is a prequel to the Heaven Scent series, the second, is a thriller, based again on a poem by Joel Nelson and the third is a book based on internet romances entitled A Tear for Eternity. No release dates, as yet, on any of them.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Not really, I am not one for social media other than the usual ones, Twitter and Facebook. Most of my advertising is done on Facebook and my website, where all of the background information is located on the books, sample chapters, oodles of fun pages along with showcasing other authors and poets.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! Thank you for asking me! It has been a pleasure sharing my experiences with you.

----------------------------------------------------------


Name: Donald Sawyer III

How long have you been published? I have been published since November 2016.
What's the worst part about being published? The worst part about being published is nothing.
What's the best part about being published? The best part of being published is seeing the idea in your head materialize into a physical object that people can look at and hold in their hands.
Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? *What are the highs, if any? *What are the lows, if any? I am self-published. The highs of self-publishing to me are, taking charge of your vision and not groveling at the feet of another person. I strongly believe in creating your own path in life and people either help facilitate that or they get in the way. I can honestly say I’ll never run to a publisher to “approve” my work. If a publisher approaches me to distribute a future work, I will only agree if the terms are right. I am not into someone making large bank off of my hard work. The lows of self-publishing are generating heavy buzz. If you are unknown then it takes much patience and creativity in building your name. I’ve learned much when it comes to marketing since putting out my debut novel.
What is the name of your book(s)? The name of my book is Dance Up Out Of Here. It’s about a homeless girl that goes on a mission to become a dancer.
Was it/were they an easy write for you?It was easy to write for me once I created my ideal writing environment.
What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part about writing a book is properly articulating the ideas in your head and making it flow well to another person.
What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest part about writing a book is coming up with the ideas.
Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Interested readers can purchase my book on my website and Amazon.
Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I have a future book in the works centered on coping skills and personal development. There is no tentative release date.
Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? You can find me on Facebook.

 ----------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Me'Shell Brown!



No comments:

Post a Comment