Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 1/26

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Larry Garner and Peris DeVohn Edwards!

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Name: Larry "Animal" Garner

How long have you been published? 4 years

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part of being published is the people reading my books expecting me to have a new one for them in a short time frame (weeks or months).  😊

What's the best part about being published? I love being able to have my stories read and enjoyed.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I am self-published through Createspace, a subsidiary of Amazon.


*What are the highs, if any? I don't have to send a truckload of manuscripts out and sit at home waiting for responses. I also get to have a very hands-on approach to marketing, cover design, and interior design.


*What are the lows, if any?  I have an almost nonexistent budget for marketing. I have no "team" to lean on. Obviously, if one was to be published by an established publishing house, they would have more support.

What is the name of your book(s)?  My first novel is "D-E-D, DEAD", and was a finalist (one of three) in the crime/thriller genre at the Colorado Book Awards in 2013. It was the sole self-published work nominated. It is the story of an ex-outlaw biker who has an attack of conscience over his club's trade in meth and young women. He plans his actions carefully and strikes out against the club when the opportunity arises. Now on the run from the club, the cops, and the DEA, he flees to southern TN where he holes up at an old friend's farm. A chance happening brings the war against the club back to his attention, and he enlists the aid of some locals to bring the story to a explosive conclusion. 


"DED Reckoning: Vengeance takes a road trip", the sequel to the first novel, finds Hammer on the road under an assumed name, riding through the Mountain West. A spur-of-the-moment trip into Colorado to see a great-uncle sets events in motion that will rock the peaceful San Luis Valley as Hammer and friends take on the evil folks who make and sell meth to their neighbors and families. There is mayhem, action, plenty of snarky humor, and sexy shenanigans leading up to a wild ending.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I write without any outline or firm plot in mind. I allow the characters to tell me the story, and I write it down as they do. The writing comes easy for me.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The editing, re-writes, and other work associated with turning the story into a published book are the tasks I'm not so fond of.  

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest part for me is flying along, writing down what I see as the "movie in my head". I've had many experiences throughout my life, not all of them worthy of re-telling, but substance for ideas and scenes inside the larger work. I enjoy putting all those pieces together into a coherent whole.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books (printed) are available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Putnam, many other booksellers, but I prefer to sell them on my website; I have PayPal buttons for both books there, and I get to personally dedicate and sign each book sold through the website. Both books are available on Amazon and other sites as ebooks, and Smashwords has both titles in every format available for any e-reader or pc.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I am currently working on a project car and will start the third book in the "Hammer" trilogy as soon as it is finished. I also have a few other book idea that I plan to write as time allows.


*Is there a tentative release date?  No tentative date as yet, but I expect it to be ready by early 2018.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? My Facebook page is Author Larry "Animal" Garner. My publishing company is Two Fingers and a Thumb Enterprises. My author website is http://larryanimalgarner.com


---------------------------------------------------------------- 
Name: Peris DeVohn Edwards

How long have you been published? First published writing was in 2015
 
What's the worst part about being published?
Once your work is out to the world it's out there, there's no turning back which is scary yet exciting at the same time.
 
What's the best part about being published?
The best part is that I know my writings will change someone's life for the better and that God is using me for a purpose that's bigger than me.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I've done both. This time with my own personal book, I am self-published.

*What are the highs, if any? You control and own all of your work, you're your own boss.

*What are the lows, if any? You do all the work, which isn't bad, it just takes a little longer and you have to learn a little bit about everything.

What is the name of your book(s)? 365 Days Of Happiness

Was it/were they an easy write for you? No it was not an easy write, took me 4 years to complete it.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Staying focused and on task. Making time to write no matter what and channeling all of your energy into that one project.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? It's about me, it's real, so I don't have to make something up I just have to find the words for it.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? On amazon.

Do you have any future projects in the works? A poetry book.

*Is there a tentative release date? Sometime in 2019 after I graduate from paramedic school first.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Facebook and Instagram
 ----------------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!


No comments:

Post a Comment