Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Patiently Waiting...

It's been a minute since I've written in here, but I've been steadily writing all the same... Poems, short stories, and even a couple of songs (well the hooks to them anyway)... Writing is my therapy... I write during the high moments and I write during the low moments... It used to be that I wrote more during the low moments, but I started writing just as much during the high ones as well...

Anyway, I have this feeling in my gut that my writing is going to take me places that I never imagined I would go... Expose me to things and people that I've only dreamed of... And as afraid as I used to be of that feeling, I have gotten to the point that I embrace it... God has something magnificent planned for my writing and I... I just know it... Otherwise, why would he bless me with such a talent..?

I want to be remembered when I'm gone... But not for anything except my writing... I want my writing to touch lives... I want it to capture people's hearts... I want it to speak truths... I want it to bridge gaps... I want it to say the words that other's might not or won't say... I want it to mean as much to others as it does to me... Do I write for my audience..? No... I write for me... I write as if I were going to be the only one to read my words... The fact that I have an audience just makes my writing that much more important to me...

So for now, I patiently await for that time to come in my life... But will I stop writing before then..? Nope... I will never stop writing... As long as God blesses me with breath and thoughts and a means for me to "write", I will always write...

No comments:

Post a Comment