Thursday, March 11, 2010

In and Out

Over the last couple of months I've had a pretty good stream of words flowing onto paper. However, the words never find their endings. In comes the thought and out goes the words, over and over and over again. But never does the flow end. It makes it rather hard because I'm constantly writing a bunch of unfinished poetry. My folder of "Poems I'm Working On" is filling up by the week! Even when I sit down to finish any of them, I can't. Maybe it's because I'm not focusing like I should be or maybe it's because I'm doing the tango once again with Writer's Block. I don't know. But I do know that my emotions contribute alot to my writing and if I'm not feeling the exact or at least similar emotion that I was feeling when I began to write a poem, then it makes it extremely hard for me to go back and finish that very poem.

I'm becoming more open about my writing and more comfortable with sharing it. Yes, it's still a bit uncomfortable for me to talk about but that's only because these are personal emotions for me. Some with a hint of imagination, but the basic emotion is always the same. It's always going to be mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment