Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hi, my name is....

Poetry is my life... It is a part of me that I don't see fading away into the night anytime soon... So much has gone on in my life, plenty of postive moments and many negative ones... As do most people do, I usually focus on the negative... And that is where my gift for writing comes into play...

I believe that God has blessed me with a gift... A beautiful gift that very few have... A talent that some feel will take me far in life, if I allow myself to share it with the world... It's hard sharing my personal thoughts and feelings to people that you have never met before... Exposing places within your soul that are meant to be kept close to the heart... Who would have ever guessed that I would be the one to write a book....

Yes, I have a book... And the book is very personal to me... It shows people a side of me that I am better off not sharing... Promoting this book has been the hardest thing for me to do... It's not that I'm concerned with how people will perceive me once they've read it, I'm more concerned with what they will know about me in the end...

I'm a private person that keeps my guard up... I trust very few and I let even fewer get close to me... But behind all of that, I'm a very passionate person... Very emotional, very caring... A heart that has more love to give than most hearts do... I'm sympathetic as well as empathetic to the situations that people go through in their lives... And my biggest fear is that all of that will be exposed through my work....

No comments:

Post a Comment